CSC ServiceWorks Accountant in Plainview, New York
Job Title: Accountant
CSC ServiceWorks is a dynamic, global leader in laundry solutions and air vending services. We have over 3,000 team members who are driven by one goal — being best-in-class. Our mission is to provide our team members with career growth, financial benefits, job security, purpose, and the opportunity to help strengthen the communities where we live, work and play. When you join us, you can grow your career while being part of something greater — helping transform our company into the CSC ServiceWorks of the future, insuring that everyone has access to reliable and exceptional laundry solutions and air vending services for everyday living and those special moments in life where results matter.
As an Accountant, you’ll be an important part of what works.
You will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly closing journal entries and income statements. You will evaluate transactions and record them to the general ledger to ensure financial data is complete and accurate. In addition, you will be responsible for the completion of balance sheet account reconciliations and income statement analysis. You will be a key support for senior staff and management on department initiatives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Prepare in-depth analysis of financial statements and account reconciliations. Analyze transactions by comparing historic trending and current year budget to actual results.
• Prepare detailed expense analysis comparing actual results to budget and prior periods. Communicate results with assigned team(s) and address/solve any issues that may arise. Provide commentary for significant fluctuations.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly lead schedules.
• Evaluate transactions and record to the general ledger.
• Complete ad-hoc projects including, but not limited to, accounting research, analysis and process improvements.
• Prepare bank reconciliations.
• Demonstrate an understanding of various accounting processes and identify root causes and areas for improvement.
What it means to Be Part of What Works
How we do things at CSC is just as important as what we do. Our values empower every team member to provide the highest level of service to our customers and live their full potential. Our core values are a part of what differentiates us as Best in Class.
Integrity, Trust, & Respect
Teamwork & Collaboration
Follows Through on Commitments
In this role, you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; and 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• CPA a plus
• JD Edwards One World and Navision a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively, and persuasively, verbally and in writing to all types of audiences. •
• Competency in the use of Microsoft Tools, inclusive of Excel, Outlook Email, PowerPoint, Teams and Word
• Strong analytical skills
The CSC ServiceWorks Story
At CSC, we’re in the business of making things work, for our team members, our clients, and our consumers. We’re the leading provider of commercial laundry services and air-vending solutions throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. Our Best in Class team of 3,000 dedicated professionals benefit from work that’s steady (but never boring), time to enjoy what matters, appreciation and rewards in return for hard work and accountability, and support in growing a fulfilling career. Our work takes us to apartment, condominium, education, hotel and hospitality, and convenience and gas environments around the world. CSC is built on a company legacy that goes back to 1927, and today, we make life easier for over 40 million residents and consumers, property managers, and owners every day.
CSC ServiceWorks is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status